Congregation Sherah Israel


The section of Rose Hill Cemetery known as Congregation Sherah Israel is one of at least six different Hebrew burial lots known to exist in the Cemetery.  It is located between Eglantine Square and St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetery.  The plot is surrounded by a brick wall, and belongs to the original Orthodox (now Conservative) Congregation of Jews in Macon.  (W. Wolff Cemetery belongs to the Reform Congregation)


Larger map version:  jpeg



Rose Hill Cemetery   •   1071 Riverside Drive   •   Macon, GA   •   (478) 751-9119