St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetery
Joseph's Catholic Cemetery is located on the far eastern side of Rose Hill.
This section of land was purchased by St. Joseph's Catholic Church in the late
1800's. However, it should be noted that many Catholics were buried in
other parts of the cemetery before this section was established. St.
Joseph's organist, James G. Weisz, is buried in this section. He served
the church for close to 50 years. The Dempsey Crucifix is also located
here. Thomas Dempsey owned the Dempsey Hotel in Macon, and was one of the
founders of what is now the Medical Center of Central Georgia.
Larger map version: jpeg
Rose Hill Cemetery     1071 Riverside Drive     Macon, GA     (478) 751-9119